The Wave tail sculpin is a great and simple imitation of a sculpin, goby or tied in lighter colors a sand goby. This group of fish is very popular as prey for Brown trout and Perch but also Sea trout eats them a lot, tie them in different colors for different occasions. The flat bottom together with the wave tail make them surf in a great and deadly way.
This fly tying video is the first in a new format of fly tying tutorials on this YouTube channel. Let us know what you think in the comments!
Win the fly! Subscribe to the channel and leave a comment why you want this exact fly tied by Niklaus and we will pick one of you within two weeks of the release of this video.
- Hook: Ahrex TP 650 26 degree Bent Streamer #1/0
- Glue: Zap brush on, Gulff UV resin Fl. White, flexman and Thinman, 5 min Epoxy
- Thread: Textreme Power thread 25D White
- Tail: Wavetail in large, tan (skin)
- Head: Sculpin Helmet brown small Eyes: Gulff uv resin Fl. white
- Body: Chocklett’s Filler flash brown, Extra select Craft fur in sand, dark brown and medium brown